When You Have a Loss…Who You Gonna Call?

When our clients have a loss— damage to their car, belongings or home that are covered by insurance—we advise them to give GHB Insurance a call first. We can help them decide if they have a claim or if filing one is in their best interest.

If they decide to file a claim, we can then assist them in navigating the process. We will use our knowledge and expertise to work on their behalf. It is often a comfort to talk to a real person who cares rather than getting a recording after having suffered some sort of loss.

Before anything happens, it is a good idea  to understand the kind of information we need to go to work for you.

Here are some Questions and Answers to help you provide the information we need when you call us:

Q. I’ve been in an accident – what now?
 Start by reporting your claim to GHB Insurance first, if at all possible.

It will help you to have the following facts:

 When the accident occurred.

 Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible).

 How the accident happened.

 What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make, and model).

 A description of the damage on each vehicle and pictures, if possible.

 The names and contact information of people involved in the accident.

 The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident.

 The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.

 The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number, if police were contacted.

Q. I have damage to my property-what now?
A. Call GHB Insurance first, if possible, and let us know:

 When the incident occurred.

 A general description of what happened and pictures, if possible.

 The location of the damaged property and what was damaged.

 The condition of the home and if it is still livable.

 If temporary repairs are needed.

 If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number.

 Your contact information and the best time to reach you.

Q. Do I need to protect my home from further damage?
. Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.

 Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, removing debris.

 Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure to save  your receipts.

 If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.

 If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. At times, cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.

dianneGive Dianne Danielson at GHB at (360) 943-4500 a call and she will help you with the best information and assistance for your claim.

© 2011 - 2015 Copyright - GHB Insurance